It was another big month for Microsoft updates reaching all of the client platforms they support.
Let’s start with some Office updates; Excel, powered by Bing Maps, allows users to integrate professional map-based visuals into any presentation for a more polished feel. This feature is scheduled to be available by the end of 2016. PowerPoint’s Designer feature can now recommend some incredible layouts for bulleted lists.
A newer version of the Office 365 App Launcher increasing discoverability to new and recently used apps. Also the ability to customize and search more than you have ever been able to before. Read More.
For all the Office 365 Enterprise E5 subscribers… the former Delve Analytics is now Microsoft MyAnalytics and it has the ability to show you how you are spending your time so you can improve your deficits and gaps in productivity.
New office courses are now available in LinkedIn. Learn about Outlook 2016 and Excel 2016. Whether it is brushing up on old skills are obtaining new ones, the curriculum centers around the fundamentals of the product.
The Outlook 2016 course walks you through setting up an account, managing your messages, creating a signature line, organize contacts, calendars and meetings and how to collaborate with other team members.
Excel 2016 offers a comprehensive look at entering, organizing and manipulating data as well as building charts and graphs from that data. The courses are readily available from the Office Training Center. If you do not have an account, they do offer one free month of training. Read More.
News from Ignite 2016
OneDrive and SharePoint work together for file storage, management and access. Earlier this week, at the Ignite 2016 conference, Microsoft came out with a few new exciting features being added across both products:
- Sync between SharePoint Online and OneDrive folders that are shared with you (preview now available).
- Track the sync activity in the new “activity center” (also available today).
- Rich thumbnails for over 20 new files types (rollout before 2016 ends)
- Access and edit all your files in OneDrive and SharePoint Online from the OneDrive browser client (rollout before 2016 ends)
- Ability to download multiple files as a .zip file (rollout before 2016 ends)
- Notifications to iOS or Android device when someone shares a OneDrive file with you (available now)
- Access to SharePoint Online thru the OneDrive app on Android (available now)
- Multi-page scan enhancements in the OneDrive app on Android (available now)
- Track access and activity in OneDrive for iOS (available now)
- OneDrive administration console in Office 365 (rollout before 2016 ends)